The PR or Performance group of in-wall loudspeakers offers speakers expressly designed for an optimum balance of performance and value. They employ high performance components and materials that make them perfectly suited as primary speakers in bedrooms, dens or living rooms; as main or surround speakers in home theaters.
Talc-Filled Polypropylene Woofer With Butyl Rubber Surround And Custom Debris Screens
- The Niles PR Performance series loudspeakers employ a high performance woofer made of vacuum formed polypropylene with talc added for stiffening. The resulting cone offers low mass, good damping and superb musicality. Additionally, the woofer employs a butyl rubber surround for improved midrange clarity as well as moisture resistance. Custom debris screens prevent insulation from coming in contact with the woofer.
3/4” Kaladex® Tweeter Housed In A Precision Adjustment Mechanism
- The PR Performance series Kaladex® tweeter employs DuPont’s latest material technology to produce a dome tweeter with exceptional frequency response and low distortion. Highs are crystal clear and extended without the harshness often associated with polycarbonate designs.The Kaladex® tweeter is housed in a precision adjustment mechanism which permits the tweeter to be accurately positioned after installation for optimum performance without the diffraction distortion endemic to other speaker brands utilizing traditional pivoting tweeters.
Antiresonant Wave Bracing
- The PR speaker’s baffle design employs specially molded ribs that increase the rigidity of the baffle and raise the resonant frequency so that less “out-of-phase” cancellation takes place. Equally important, the ribs are curved and crossed to further shift vibration modes away from low-bass canceling frequencies. This keeps bass tones rich and dynamic.
Front-Mounted Bass & Treble Controls
- Niles Performance speaker models feature baffle-mounted tone controls for bass and treble that enable instant fine tuning after the speakers are installed. This feature helps to lessen the effects of less than perfect placement or other room acoustics anomalies.
Snap-In Baffle Assembly
- This proprietary Niles design enables installers to attach Niles loudspeaker assemblies to installed frames without additional hardware or tools. Niles’ snap-in design makes it easy to upgrade Niles speakers after installation without the hassles associated with removal and re-installation of traditional designs. Snap-in baffles make installation of Niles speaker baffles easier and faster than other in-wall brands.
BumpBack™ Woofer Magnet
- Niles engineers have utilized a unique motor construction enabling far greater “throw” or voice coil excursion. This allows a high level of bass performance to be achieved.
Moisture Resistant Construction
- The PR loudspeakers are suitable for use in high moisture environments. The drivers are impervious to moisture; the grille is made of powder-coated aluminum, and all exposed hardware is made of stainless steel. However, the speakers are not waterproof and direct contact with water should be avoided.
Absolutely Flush To The Wall Appearance
- The unique mounting system of the PR loudspeakers powerfully clamps the frame to the bracket, sandwiching the wall material between them. Because the clamping action is totally uniform around the frame, there are no shadows or gaps between the wall and the frame. Additionally, the Niles mounting system is carefully optimized to stiffen the surrounding drywall and prevent it from resonating. You hear only the music, not the drywall.
Easy Retrofit Installation In Your Existing Home
- Designed for ease of installation, the Niles mounting system makes retrofit installations simple and fast. A supplied template assures fast and accurate hole cutting. The bracket slips behind the drywall and the screws secure the frame to the bracket, sandwiching the drywall between them. The speaker baffle attaches to the frame, and the grille mounts over the speaker.
Three Stage Installation System For Remodels Or New Construction
- You install only the parts you need for a particular stage of construction. When the framing and wiring are finished, you install the bracket. After the drywall is up, but before the painter begins to paint, you install the frame and provide the rustproof aluminum grilles to the painter so that they can be painted to match the surroundings. Only when construction is completely finished do you put the valuable speaker in the wall. You don’t have to mask or prep the speaker for painting, and worries about theft during the final phases of construction are never an issue!
Low Diffraction, MicroPerf™ Aluminum Grilles
- PR speakers include aluminum grilles. The painted aluminum grille has hundreds of precisely sized perforations, creating an acoustically transparent grille.
Infrared Sensor Mount
- The speaker baffle has a locator designed for the Niles MS110 MicroSensor®, a miniature infrared sensor. The MS110 installs discreetly behind the aluminum grille and therefore minimizes wall clutter in your home. When you want to control your equipment, you simply point your remote control at the speaker from up to 15 feet (5 meters) away