Big Bass With No Floor Space!
- How do you get Reference quality performance (i.e. phenomenal output, breathtaking clarity, superb extension and speed!) out of an in-wall subwoofer without it tearing your wall to shreds with the first big explosion or tympani crescendo?
- Serious high-output subwoofers produce real energy. However, the majority of in-wall subwoofers out there don’t (read: CAN'T!) produce serious bass, so vibrational energy isn’t an issue. Not so with the RVC-12SQ in-wall subwoofer. It’s like a dog off the leash. Free from the constraints of conventional in-wall design, boasting dual state-of-the-art 14? drivers in a cutting-edge Vibration Canceling Design Architecture, it’s free to dig deeper for new levels of articulate, soul-stirring bass while chasing new heights in performance.
We're Stirring Up Good Vibrations
- Bass frequencies are notorious for stirring up wall vibrations – not a good thing! Conventional in-wall subs excite these vibrations through a reactive force opposite to that created by the movement of the voice coil. We turned things around. In the RVC-12SQ the two woofers fire in phase, in opposite directions. This results in a physical cancelation of wall vibrations.
- Paired with a matching Paradigm X amp and enhanced by the critically acclaimed Paradigm Perfect Bass Kit™ digital room correction system (sold separately), RVC-12SQ delivers bass that will rock your world, not your walls.
- For new construction an optional BX-12SQ backbox is designed to maximize output by adding precision low-noise ports. In truth, with the use of this backbox, performance is even a notch better!
Dual State-of-the-Art Side-Mounted 4? (102 mm) x 14? (356 mm) Mineral-Filled Co-Polymer Polypropylene Cones.
- Highly damped and tremendously rigid cone provides tight, well-defined low-frequency response with a weight and authority that does justice to the most challenging music and movie material.
Pleated LCS™ Linear Corrugated Surround features Ultra-Long-Travel Suspension.
- The over-molded design produces truly exceptional peak-to-peak cone movement producing higher output and lower distortion—every bass note sounds distinct. Cone ribbing increases stiffness, reducing resonances to inaudible levels.
State-of-the-Art Motor Structure / FEA-Optimized 1/2-lb (0.19 kg) Super-Neodymium Magnets.
- 1? (25 mm) 6-layer voice-coil, anodized high-temperature aluminum former and dual Nomex® cloth spiders. The huge ceramic/ferrite magnets generate a truly enormous magnetic forcefield in the gap … always a plus in a subwoofer!
One-Piece High-Pressure Ultra-Rigid™ Die-Cast Chassis and Immovable MDF Medium Density Fiberboard Mounting System.
- State-of-the-art system! A superbly rigid structure that easily withstands every decibel of the enormous power generated by the two state-of-the-art 4? x 14? bass drivers! NOTE: A backbox is optional with this subwoofer.
Impedance Matching Switch.
- Allows use with X-300 or X-850 amplifiers.
- Two 4" x 14" Mineral-Filled Co-Polymer Polypropylene Cones
*Backbox required. BX-12SQ sold separately.